U.S. President Donald Trump’s Government Order has induced confusion and anxiousness for travellers throughout the globe. Whereas the ban quickly suspends the entry of residents from Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen, it additionally impacts Canadian residents, everlasting residents with work or pupil permits, and guests to Canada travelling to or through the US.
With conflicting info on-line, it’s obscure how the immigration ban impacts you and how one can change your plans in case you’re scheduled to travel to the US or need to interrupt your journey for those who’re already within the nation. We’ll assist clarify the influence of the US travel freeze on Canadians and let you know the way we’re masking TuGo prospects at present affected by the ban.
Canadians can nonetheless travel throughout the US border
Submit-announcement, there was lots of confusion about how the travel ban would have an effect on Canadians with roots from the above international locations. The Authorities of Canada was fast to make clear that the US entry necessities for Canadians don’t change on account of the Government Order. This consists of:
- Canadian residents and passport holders
- Twin residents who’ve Canadian citizenship and citizenship from the seven international locations (offered they current legitimate Canadian passports)
- Canadian everlasting residents who maintain a passport from a type of seven international locations (offered they’ve a sound Canadian everlasting resident card)
Is it secure to travel to US?
Whereas there may very well be protests throughout the US, it’s nonetheless secure for Canadians to travel there. Nevertheless, the Authorities of Canada advises Canadians to count on delays at airports and borders, on account of the potential of extra screening measures; disruptions, flight delays and cancellations are additionally attainable.
Canadians crossing the border with their passports can count on to undergo the conventional entry and transit course of in US. In case you face any issues on the border, contact the Canadian Embassy 24/7 at 613-996-8885.
Canadian passport holders and twin residents won’t be affected by the ban. Issues on the border? Name us 24/7 at 613-996-8885.
— Embassy of Canada US (@CanEmbUSA) January 29, 2017
How TuGo helps Canadians & Guests to Canada affected by the ban
Though the ‘travel ban’ isn’t a lined danger beneath TuGo’s Journey Cancellation & Journey Interruption plan, we’ve determined to make an exception.
TuGo will present protection for guests to Canada and/or Canadian residents with work or examine permits, who maintain passports from these international locations and who:
- booked journeys to the USA, or,
- have stopovers within the USA that now have to vary or cancel flights to return to their residence nation
Any travellers with TuGo Journey Cancellation & Journey Interruption insurance policies bought earlier than January 27, 2017 might be lined. Protection will solely be thought-about if departure/stopover into the US is inside the 90 days the ban is in impact.
Take a look at some examples and conditions under to see how your TuGo® coverage covers you:
- Hiba is a customer in Canada from Sudan who was planning to travel to the US in February. She purchased a TuGo Journey Cancellation & Journey Interruption coverage on January 10, 2017 to cowl a flight from Vancouver to Las Vegas on February 1, 2017, solely to search out out she’ll be unable to travel as a result of ban. TuGo will make the exception to cowl the price of her flight, though there isn’t any lined danger for this example.
- Farhad is a customer from Iran who purchased TuGo’s Customer to Canada Vacation Package deal on December 31, 2016 for a visit to Canada from January 15 to February 15, 2017. His itinerary to return residence features a stopover in Los Angeles; nonetheless, as a result of ban, he’ll now not be capable to take the flight and has to e-book a brand new direct flight to return residence from Canada. TuGo will make the exception to cowl the price of the brand new flight residence.
- Maya is an worldwide pupil in Canada who holds a Syrian passport. She purchased a TuGo Journey Cancellation & Journey Interruption coverage on January 20, 2017 to cowl a visit to Disneyland for spring break. The journey must be cancelled, because the ban prevents her from coming into the US. TuGo will make the exception to cowl and reimburse her reserving bills.
Because of the travel ban, many airways are additionally quickly waiving their change and cancellation charges for travellers impacted with the ban.
When you’re a TuGo buyer affected by the Government Order, we advocate that you simply contact your airline/travel provider first to verify in the event that they’re permitting refunds or waiving cancellation charges earlier than contacting Claims at TuGo to open a declare.
Questions? Share them within the feedback under or contact TuGo’s Buyer Service toll-free at 1-855-929-8846.